A PLN is an acronym for Personal Learning Network.
1. Is interactive,
2. It is collective and connects you to and engages you with other people with similar interests
3. Has the intention that learning will occur
4. Is usually online. They have always existed pre Internet and WEB 2.0 eg staffrooms, worksites, meeting rooms but are now accessible to anyone, anywhere via the Internet and Web 2.0.
5. A place, where people with similar and specific interests, can filter through a “tonne” of information and share the most beneficial, useful and learning based ideas.
6. A virtual place to provide feedback, and to share ideas to fellow “learners’ through articles and websites